- They gave him surfactant which as I understand it is basically a protein for his lungs. His lungs "liked it" and expanded. We even got some good signs from his left lung!!
- He coughed! Which is huge! He knocked a couple of clots in his chest loose.
- They had to give him some blood through the night because the area where they put in his new chest tube yesterday keeps bleeding. But they don't seem too concerned about that and the surgeons will look at it again today.
- They've turned up his oscillator (current ventilating machine) in order to start trying to ween him back a little on the ECMO machine.
- While they are changing in the circuit out today on the ECMO, they are going to monitor him on the Echo
Killian has been fighting - like a champion! - for his life since he was born. Because Killian's family is so spectacular; their friends decided to create this website in their honor to help in any way possible.
Any donation you're able to make will help this sweet baby boy - from getting his family to & from the hospital to helping with Killian's care. From all of us who love Killian and his family, thank you!
All donations go directly to Killian's care and the care of his family. The paypal donation account was set up by a friend, Liz Wolfe, whose name and email appears on the PayPal page. Liz manages all donations with the support and oversight of Killian's aunt, Layna Lambert Dugan.
More about CDH from CHD Support:
CDH occurs when the diaphragm fails to fully form, allowing abdominal organs into the chest cavity and preventing lung growth. CDH occurs in 1 of every 2500 births; somewhere in the world, a baby is born with CDH every 10 minutes. 50% of babies diagnosed with CDH do not survive. The cause is not known. Over a half million babies have been born with CDH since 2000. CDH is as common as Spina Bifida and Cystic Fibrosis but there is very little awareness and even less research.