The doctors say that he still has a long way to go, but here are some real life miracles we've seen firsthand:
- During one of his ultrasounds, doctors thought his lung had melded to his liver. The only two cases where they have seen this before, sadly neither baby survived. We prayed hard and....When they got in there, they discovered that wasn't the case at all with Killian!
- We didn't know anything about his left lung as it was blocked by internal organs. After the surgery, we now know that not only is there a little development but also even a small amount of function! The lungs can continue to grow until a child is eight years old, so just having something to work with is amazing!
- His heart is strong. His liver looks good. He has opened his eyes. And he even pooped! :) (which is good because it means his organs are functioning)
- That his pulmonary hypertension goes away
- That over the next few days he can rely less and less on the ECMO machine
Any donation you're able to make will help this sweet baby boy - from getting his family to & from the hospital to helping with Killian's care. From all of us who love Killian and his family, thank you!
All donations go directly to Killian's care and the care of his family. The paypal donation account was set up by a friend, Liz Wolfe, whose name and email appears on the PayPal page. Liz manages all donations with the support and oversight of Killian's aunt, Layna Lambert Dugan.
More about CDH from CHD Support:
CDH occurs when the diaphragm fails to fully form, allowing abdominal organs into the chest cavity and preventing lung growth. CDH occurs in 1 of every 2500 births; somewhere in the world, a baby is born with CDH every 10 minutes. 50% of babies diagnosed with CDH do not survive. The cause is not known. Over a half million babies have been born with CDH since 2000. CDH is as common as Spina Bifida and Cystic Fibrosis but there is very little awareness and even less research.