We've had 21 days of loving this little boy! As have some of you! We actually joke that Killian has accomplished more in his 21 days on this earth than most accomplish in a lifetime.
- He's had too many surgeries to count and he's still here!
- He has touched the lives of hundreds, maybe thousands of people around the world (shout out to our peeps in Norway, England and Italy!).
- He's made just as many people believe in miracles again (including doctors and nurses-they've told us).
- He brought together a family who really without him, had no reason to come together (picture Mom, Dad, step mom, step dad, half brother, step sister, half sister ::that's me!:: and friends new and old).
- And the greatest feat of all, he has brought his mama closer to the Lord, back in the fold and inspired her to listen to her God
His EEG bday party hat!
We think he looks like a character from X-Men, Magneto
- A head ultrasound showed that there were clots where the blood drains from the head back to the body.
- They are going to start him back on blood thinners to help, but will have to close up his repair incision first (they have left it open so that it wouldn't build up unnecessary pressure on his abdomen).
- They want to do an MRI, but will have to wait until he is off of nitrous oxide.
- He's down to 60% on the ventilator! Reminder, this is a good thing. We don't want him on 100% support.
- His blood gases continue to come back in an acceptable range.
Lindsey has already said that we should start planning his 1st birthday party, to which all of you of course will be invited! We're thinking a super hero theme :).
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Killian!!
Killian has been fighting - like a champion! - for his life since he was born. Because Killian's family is so spectacular; their friends decided to create this website in their honor to help in any way possible.
Any donation you're able to make will help this sweet baby boy - from getting his family to & from the hospital to helping with Killian's care. From all of us who love Killian and his family, thank you!
All donations go directly to Killian's care and the care of his family. Also, ten percent of all money collected will be donated to Cherubs, The Association of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Research, Awareness and Support. The paypal donation account was set up by a friend, Liz Wolfe, whose name and email appears on the PayPal page. Liz manages all donations with the support and oversight of Killian's aunt, Layna Lambert Dugan.
More about CDH from CHD Support:
CDH occurs when the diaphragm fails to fully form, allowing abdominal organs into the chest cavity and preventing lung growth. CDH occurs in 1 of every 2500 births; somewhere in the world, a baby is born with CDH every 10 minutes. 50% of babies diagnosed with CDH do not survive. The cause is not known. Over a half million babies have been born with CDH since 2000. CDH is as common as Spina Bifida and Cystic Fibrosis but there is very little awareness and even less research.