What a month it has been. I won't do my normal, long rambling and instead will give you the highlights of the day and prayer requests followed by some of the cutest pictures I'm sure you've seen since the last ones I posted. :)
Highlights of the day:
- Killian is back up a bit on the ventilator right now, but down from earlier. He's currently on 80% oxygen.
- His saturation levels are in the 90s- yay!
- He's been tolerating his feedings today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for all of your prayers/good thoughts there. Keep 'em coming!
Prayer/positive thoughts for:
- Keep praying for a strong heart. They will be doing another echo on Monday and we REALLY need there to be some improvement.
- He's having surgery tomorrow to close his repair incision. While we're excited about this, it's like any surgery. There could always be complications, infections, etc.
- Continue to lift up the doctors, nurses and surgeons who are taking care of him.
And now for the "Awwww" factor...
There he is!!
Holding the bunny mommy slept with for a month to have her smell.
Killian and his binky the nurses made for him!
Seriously, can someone get me to Nashville to see this kid again? I can't stand it!!
We are continuing to turn every blessing back to praise, including this incredible milestone.
Hugs and love from Florida,
Killian's Social Media Consultant
Killian has been fighting - like a champion! - for his life since he was born. Because Killian's family is so spectacular; their friends decided to create this website in their honor to help in any way possible.
We are overwhelmed by the amount of people who have asked for an avenue to help Killian, Lindsey and the family. Any donation made below will go to help pay for food while staying in the hospital, gas back and forth, travel for family and the general care Killian will be receiving beginning on the glorious day he leaves the hospital!
All donations go directly to Killian's care and the care of his family. Also, ten percent of all money collected will be donated to Cherubs, The Association of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Research, Awareness and Support. The paypal donation account was set up by a friend, Liz Wolfe, whose name and email appears on the PayPal page. Liz manages all donations with the support and oversight of Killian's aunt, Layna Lambert Dugan.
More about CDH from CHD Support:
CDH occurs when the diaphragm fails to fully form, allowing abdominal organs into the chest cavity and preventing lung growth. CDH occurs in 1 of every 2500 births; somewhere in the world, a baby is born with CDH every 10 minutes. 50% of babies diagnosed with CDH do not survive. The cause is not known. Over a half million babies have been born with CDH since 2000. CDH is as common as Spina Bifida and Cystic Fibrosis but there is very little awareness and even less research.